Community Building Master Class
with Cormac Russell, Nurture Development, Dublin
Are you interested in having different conversation that will reveal the power of the people of Yarra Ranges?
You are invited to a special FREE Master Class with Cormac Russell. Cormac is a world renowned facilitator of conversations that disrupt old stories and invite people to weave new ones.
Yarra Ranges Council is excited to host a visit by Cormac during his upcoming Australian tour, for one of the few sessions that he is doing in a community setting.
Who should attend?
Yarra Ranges community leaders, business leaders, government representatives, managers of agencies that provide services to the Yarra Ranges community, and anyone who is passionate about the people of Yarra Ranges!
The conversation will start at 6pm, on Monday 4th December, at Montrose Town Centre, 935 Mt Dandenong Road, Montrose (close to the Swansea Road roundabout).
A free supper will be served from 5pm.
Bookings are essential! Don’t delay.
For more info, and to make a booking, click here.
The relationship between organisations and communities is changing and this change is going to require a fundamental shift in behaviour from both employees in organisations and residents in communities.
Cormac will provide participants with the opportunity to look at three fundamental questions for creating sustainable and resilient communities:
– What can communities do that organisations cannot?
– What can organisations do that communities cannot?
– What can communities do with organisations that neither can do alone?
He will also cover the following:
– the fundamental principles of Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)
– practical tools and techniques
– examples of how ABCD has been used across the world to grow communities in the most challenging of circumstances
– opportunities for participants to work through some of the challenges that they are currently facing and apply what they have heard
– the Asset Based Community Driven Effort (ABCDE) Learning Sites model.
Cormac Russell is Managing Director of Nurture Development in Dublin and a faculty member of the Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) Institute at DePaul University (and formerly at Northwestern University), Chicago. Over the last 20 years he has worked in over 30 countries. He has trained communities, agencies, NGOs and governments in ABCD and other strengths-based approaches in Kenya, Southern Sudan, South Africa, the UK, Ireland, Canada and Australia. In January 2011 Cormac was appointed to the Expert Reference Group on Community Organising and Communities First, by Nick Hurd MP, Minister for Civil Society in the UK.